How do I move on after he left me?

↧↧↧Not

too many years back, I was alone after 11 years of turbulent relationship.


In retrospect, I can see we were both a part of the problem. But the way it

ended, I will not take on my mantle. And I dearly wish that other women should

not have the same experience ... crumbling up in the bed and ugly crying for

approxemately a week isn´t my most proud moment.


The fact is just that here on the other side of the divorce, I have shared my

story with so many women – women who recognize the same feelings. And I´m not

only talking here in Greenland ...


He was cheating on me with a younger woman (read girl) ... how cliché, right?

it happens all around the globe ...


At the time, I thought it only happened to me and  that I was worth nothing. That I had not done

well enough as a wife and that in fact if I just loved him a little more then he

would come back ... I had forgotten that I should have loved myself a little

more.


Many Hollywood films have told above story, nothing new there. They lack just to

show how ugly you can cry, how ugly you look when you are standing and shouting

 humiliated and broken down, how

powerlessness  one can feel struggling   to maintain

just a little dignity . Then there's the paternity cases if you have children,

lawyers, and maybe even a shit storm on Facebook ...(pardon my french) some of

the things we (abandoned poor women) know - but might not admit. After 3-4

weeks without sleep and countless questions about why? I got angry. Really

angry. He wasn´t going to break me down ... (in fact, it was myself and the

level I had set for the perfect relationship, the perfect body, the perfect

status update on Facebook, etc.). So I started to run. I ran and ran, I became

freaking Forrest Gump! I lost 10 kilos, began to seek answers within myself.

Went to psychologist


(Schyyy ..offcourse we don´t talk about the “she has become insane” part) and

slowly, I got better.


Facebook thrives on jilted women who posts a new great profile picture, of

themselves while they are having  it       "Sooo good" after a break up. And believe me, the confirmation that it is to check

how many likes a new profile picture gives, no matter how little anyone will

admit it, is great! so keep on posting, women ;)


Also I read. All kinds of self-realization books. But the absolute best book was

this one that I would like to recommend all women to read:


"Women who love too much" by Robin Norwood, it gets 5 stars from me! The

way it pulls you away from the other party in the relationship and get your

focus turned to yourself, made me read it again and again, each time with a new

aha! moment.


and with this, I just want to say: You are not alone!


Use your anger to something physically good for your body. Retrieve your

skills, interests, hobbies, work with yourself, focus on yourself and become an

even better version of you. Not that you need it as revenge, but because you

can!
And how is this related to fashion? I became the best fashion designer I could be. Thanks to the divorce, I was forced to take a long look at my life and my future goals.



And if you need inspiration for were it took me like my page on Facebook:


www.facebook.com/arctinista




and subscribe my blog, so you always receive an email when I tell about my

thoughts, ideas or other things from my everyday life.



If you want to see my designs -you can go to:


www.nuukcouture.gl







you got a friend

love,

Arctinista



Comments