Nothing to put on…

 

With a wardrobe full of
clothes I really don´t get how, I have nothing and I mean NOTHING to
put on…


For many years I have made style-guides for customers.  They were made
accordingly to the customers measurements, body-shape, height, weight and type.

This with great success. The guide
consists in explaining what the woman has or need in her closet.
Sort
it and make color coordinates so that the clothes in the wardrobe can be used for
various combinations.

The number 1 rule is that: clothes
that haven´t been used for a year has to go!
Donated away or sold for
recycling.
We have a huge culture
in recycling in Greenland.
The garment
is used until it´s literally hanging in threads.

But
how can I be in such a situation where the clothes is falling out of the closet
when opening it, but still I haven´t anything to wear??


 


2 things!

Impulse purchase

Changed body shape


1)The impulse purchases -The clothes one (read: I) in panic buys because one (read:
I) just "has nothing to wear" hasn´t been bought with this thought:
Is there any of the clothes I have at home that will compliment this purchase?

2)
Changed body shape, you have clothes in the closet that don´t fit your size but
which you have saved for when “I get a size small, medium ect. again...” or you
have saved an outfit from 1980 because you
have an
emotional feeling or a memory associated with the clothes ...

Do you recognize above? Do you have it in the same way? Safely
read on - Over the next couple of blogs, I will come up with great ideas on how
to mix and match the clothes you have in your wardrobe and give great ideas on
how to give old clothes new life with simple new accessories.


But first! You
have to go through your wardrobe - is there anything that you haven´t used in
the last year?
It must go! Make 3 piles:


 


A) Pile to the recycling station

B) Pile with what
you want to sell

C)
Pile with what is so destroyed / used that it can neither go nor be given away.




First pile is easy to get rid of. In a bag and leave it at a recycling
station.
Second
pile, is where you need to spend more time.
Make
sure it looks nice and always take pictures of the clothes on a single-colored
background (ex. on the floor or hanging on a single-colored door. If you have a
mannequin it's even better).

If
the clothes are very curly, it is an advantage to iron it.
Write
how much it was used, if there are lacks and sell it for a fair price.
-
Every penny you scratch on your clothing sales, you can spend on a well
thought-out nice new purchase. 
A
real win win situation!!




Do you want to be sure not to miss out on my hints? Hurry
up and add to my "Follow" button in the menu, you can also press
"subscribe", so you're sure to be one of the first to be notified when
my blogs come with great fashion advice.

I'm also on Facebook
and Instagram.
Here I
post everyday outfits.
-You
can
start by looking here:



 


Wish you all a really good weekend,

love,


 


Arctinista

Comments