The famous wakeup call...

Have you ever received “the wakeup call?” … I did in november 2011.
After numerous of visits to the doctor, they found cancer… yes, the big C!
I had cervical cancer, and from the moment I got the message I only had two days to tell my family that I was undergoing surgery – 5 (!) times…
I did not know at the time it was going to be 5 times surgery –but at the fourth time I gave up hope. I was tired, exhausted, and just wanted to sleep… untill one doctor told me, that if they weren´t able to remove the fast moving and last cancer I had to leave Greenland, go to Denmark and have chemo… alone!
I did not wanted to leave my kids, so I went into the last surgery, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.
5 years later I had my last medical appointment regarding the cervical cancer.
I am now cancer free.
Thank you God!
Cancer is one thing, what it did to me as a person is remarkable... first of all I found the courage to leave my daytime job and be the fulltime designer of my own brand that I always dreamt of.
I got a divorce…
And I found the BIG love of my life. You know the one only seen and talked about in the movies...
And I got more. I regained the faith in myself, so that I can teach my children that anything is possible, even if you live in the arctic. – far away from everyone and everything.
Some days I am full of hope, like today. Other days I fall down with a huge anxiety attack. Anxiety that the cancer will return in a new form… But if it does, I know I am a survivor! I beat the cancer once and I will do it again.
For I need to see what life brings me and my kids, my love and his kids <3
If you are not fulfilled in your life, either with love to the one, love to your job, let this be a little wakeup call.
Life is short, we always think it will happened to the neighbor, but someday maybe it will hit you… I sure do not hope so. But what iF (?!)
What would you like to tell the ones you love, YOU did in your life, for yourself and / or for others???
My story (I hope) will be something like this:
 Louise Lynge (soon to be Mrs. Berthelsen).  A great Designer from Nuuk, Greenland. Entrepreneur and mom with a capital M! Blogger and world traveler. Founder of … ( so and so ) , innovator of … (so and so) ..
Never spend her time regretting – loves big –laughs out loud –wins great in the lottery of life… and becomes at least 100 years old!
 
I know I am aiming high – but that was my life lessing during my cancer
-what will you regret tomorrow you didn't do yesterday?
Thank you for reading
 With love,
Louise

Comments