WEDDING!!! on a budget...

Okay, I have been prepping for our wedding for a lot of months now. Just in order not to grow a huge debt afterwards. Some of you might just have started the planning of your wedding, and I just wan´t to pass on some great affordable ideas. Some I have encountered on Pinterest, and some I have made myself.

First of all you need to make a budget. (be aware that the budget will blow eigther way... but you can minimize the damage just by buying Things along the way....)

Or  try like me by beeing a little creative.


Wrap it up!

Invites, made by a local print Company. The white cake paper plate was bought in the local supermarket, and the velvet ribbon in a craft store. 

Looks great and expensive, without beeing it. (I got the idea from Pinterest, and this picture is of my own invites)


The Dress!


offcourse you walk into a beautiful wedding store... get a lot of great service and probably buy a weddingdress.

But if you are on a budget like me, it is cheaper to buy it online. I ordered my dress on https://www.jjshouse.com/


The quality was really nice. And great service all the way up here in Nuuk, Greenland. The only thing I need to do is fix the hem- it´s a bit long - or I am a bit too short :O LOL


For the hair - I bought this hairpiece on ebay.com.  It was only 7,5 US dollars with the shipment.

And as you can see on the Photo I have started to practice on my hairdue for the wedding. - and that´s another saving!

For the entertainment and center pieces on the tables. Once Again I used an Idea from Pinterest.com
We are going to fill different kinds of glass ( that we already have at home. waterglasses, wineglasses and so on) with sand. In some of them there will be a red rose,(from the local supermarket)  and in others we will put candlelights.
It looks great and is cheap at the same time
To see it follow this link:

http://pin.it/j_ZZqoo


nice right?


For entertainment: I have prepared some fun games - Again found on Google. -search for wedding games, fun at your wedding and so on...


Dinner for 70 + people...


The most expensive cost.. With high expectations. A nice meal will set the tone for a great party.

So what to do to save some money with out compromising quality?

(especially if a hotel or restaurant is out of reach for your wedding dinner)


Well, first of all I used the internet to find recipes that I can make in advance and then freeze -just to heat them up right before serving. (I am only talking about one week in advance...)

It´sounds a bit cheap, but you will be surpriced on how many nice courses you can freeze and still at serving will look great and taste the same...

Like these cheese grated potatoes: http://www.google.dk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjw0c3ugqXWAhXiDZoKHaPiDO8QjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.olgasmad.dk%2F2016%2F04%2Ffyldte-bagte-kartofler.html&psig=AFQjCNFokD6lx7_1Qw5wyOLiNkQZPvYg2g&ust=1505490371445280


Just to give you an idea....


 The Wedding cake:

I am so fortuned that my aunt will give us the wedding cake as a wedding present. I truely appreciate this. Another big expence saved. And I am sure she is going to make it  with a lot of love <3

I promise to show you a Picture of this after the wedding.


His Gift....

What to give the man of my dreams... Nothing seemes to be good enough, but on a strained budget I was forced to be creative. I went a few days planning on really expensive gifts, but I could´nt let go of one thought.. What was the gift from me going to symbolize?  I found out, that I somehow wanted to let him know how great my love for him is, so I planned to let the Whole World help me... how? I started an Instagram page called : @greetingstomyhusband. on this page I asked the World to help me make small love notes telling my future husband how much I loved him... And they did. <3 lovenotes all over was traded for notes from Greenland. And the result was a lovestory, a book with greetings to my husband. A gift that is priceless - with only little costs. Follow this link to see the page and the book <3


https://www.instagram.com/p/BZBS1Xol9OA/?taken-by=greetingstomyhusband


In the end, the wedding day is going to be great no matter if we spend 100 dollars or we spend 100.000 dollars. The most important thing on that day will be to look your loved one in the eyes and say :"I Do".


Don´t you agree?  And now I will return to more planning - Next time you hear from me I will be MRS. <3 <3 <3  see you on the other side ;D


Kind Regards,


Arctinista <3

Comments